Wherever God's people go they bring the good news of Jesus' Kingdom of Heaven with them to this world in both word and deed. With approximately 400,000 people potentially becoming homeless and displaced by Hurricane Harvey's flooding and damage, Soma Waxahachie is positioned to bring a bit of heaven to a dozen families whose lives have been turned upside down because of this disaster.
The purpose of Operation Shelter in Place (OSP) is to provide early intervention for families at risk of becoming homeless by Hurricane Harvey flooding in the Santa Fe and Dickenson communities in the Houston area.
The goal is to help at least a dozen families improve conditions enough to stay in their homes until they can be fully repaired (3 to 6 months estimated). Make a difference in the lives of at least 12 families, RIGHT NOW. We will capture how your contributions helped real people stay in their homes.
Your OSP donations will:
1) Help families properly document any damage for flood claims.
2) Remove water soaked items and materials to reduce the threat of mold and disease.
3) Dry out the house out to reduce the threat of mold and disease.
4) Salvage and clean up precious family items and essential items.
5) Coordinate replacement of damaged essential items that will help families endure until repairs and claims are completed in 3 to 6 months time period.
Soma Waxahachie and Globaleyes are partnering together to make a way for charitable and tax deductible contributions. Globaleyes is challenging other companies for matching corporate donations of $5,000 or more.
Thank you so much for your generous donations!
We will provide updates through our campaign's social media (see links below).
OPS Facebook Page:
Soma Facebook Page: